Report: Ngakoue says he is now “fine” with Incognito
By: Nick Wojton
There have been reports recently released which stated Buffalo Bills offensive lineman Richie Incognito has been cleared of any punishment by the NFL after recent accusations toward him.
Following Buffalo’s 10-3 Wild Card loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, Incognito was accused of making racially charged comments by Jags defender Yannick Ngakoue.
Moments after one report said the NFL investigation was over and Incognito was in the clear, it was rebuffed with a report claiming the investigation was over.
There’s still no word on a result from that investigation but things seem a little more positive for Incognito now.
According to ESPN, Ngakoue said he has since spoken to Incognito and Ngakoue said things are “fine” between the two now.
The report indicated that Ngakoue wanted to put the incident in the past.
Incognito decline an interview opportunity on Wednesday.
During locker cleanout day, Incognito was not made available to the media for an interview. The accusations were made that same morning. Earlier this week a source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told Buffalo Football Beat that the exchange initially involved Incognito verbally jabbing at Ngakoue by stating he did not make the Pro Bowl. Ngakoue then made statements geared toward Incognito’s family. The source could not identify if the exchange ended there or not. The NFL and Bills, who would have an internal investigation, have not released any comments on the incident. General manager Brandon Beane was The individual who said the team would conduct their own investigation. He also said Incognito would reach out to Ngakoue on his own. After Ngakoue was named to the Pro Bowl as a replacement, both will represent the AFC during the game which will take place on Sunday.